Author Topic: selling some of my audit equipment  (Read 1786 times)

frank

selling some of my audit equipment
« on: December 28, 2011, 04:34:48 PM »
SOLD...
Hi All,
Here's a list of what I'm selling with prices. If someone wants all of it I will lower the price.  This was all bought new in 2009 and used about 10 times in 09 for BPI test outs. It was used 5 times in 2010 and once this year.

1) minneapolis blower door 3, with everything that came with it, bag, paper work, dg 700, hoses, cruise, etc...   $2000

2) DG-700   $700

3) monoxor 3 CO analyzer   $550

4) Leakator JR  $150

5) Tox: RAE 3 CO 2000 pgm 1700  $ 150

I also have a 2007 5x8 enclosed trailer for sale.

Thanks for looking.
 Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 04:42:28 PM by SLS Construction »

frank

Re: selling some of my audit equipment
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:14:29 PM »
Should I have made the post header:  OK I've had it. 

JJ

• Administrator
  • Super Auditor
  • Infrared & Energy Dude
    • AC Tool Supply
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 08:37:15 AM »
Frank you might want to mention where you are located.  I sell this kind of stuff for a living and the freight will be a concern for a prospective buyer.

Also, I guarantee you will sell it inside of 7 days...if not faster....on Ebay.

If you are anywhere near Georgia or Texas, you will probably regret this decision by the end of this month.

JJ

GSC

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 06:07:02 PM »
JJ....care to expand on your Georgia / Texas reference?

Thanks

frank

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 07:49:03 PM »
Thanks JJ,
 I thought I put that in all the crap you have to fill out to post, I am in the St louis Mo area. 
I would have expected it to be gone with all the new peeps coming into the act on energy and that other program in Il.  From what I hear those programs are ramping up with alot of freebies for home owners, of course at the expense of everyone else.

I have done the ebay thing once and craigslist twice, was not impressed with the BS to get something listed.

I have family in TX(Houston area) and a very good friend in Ga ( Atlanta area).  I go to both places 1 or 2 times a year, so if the new peeps in those states think they can utilize the equipment I can deliver it.

After talking to several people and doing some research I will accept $2800 for all the audit equipment, the trailer can go for $1700.

JJ

• Administrator
  • Super Auditor
  • Infrared & Energy Dude
    • AC Tool Supply
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 09:23:50 AM »
Frank,

You are probably going to have to come down lower than that.  You are asking basically $2700 for the blower door.  I sell them to members here for less than $2500 brand new. 

The CO monitor is less than $200 brand new, gas leak detector approx $160 brand new.  I didn't see a combustion analyzer on there at all, but those go from $500 to $1000 brand new.

GA and TX adopted IECC 2009 as well as some variance(s) of ES 3.0 and IECC 2012 (depending on the state) in to their building codes.  That is a really big deal.  Especially since contractors are notoriously slow to get up to speed on stuff.  GA is having issues implementing it right now just because contractors have no idea how to do it.  Auditors will make a killing there.  TX just started Jan 1st 2012.

JJ

frank

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 09:01:38 PM »
JJ,

Maybe I didn't list it correctly.
As you know the written word is perceived by the reader, which ends up making most written communication a FUBAR. The writers portrayed content is usually different than the perception of the reader.

ANYWAY, my price is cheap. 
Here's what I'm selling:
complete blower door.
2) dg-700
(# 3 is a CO analyzer, new it was $700) 
gas sniffer.
Personal Co monitor

So I'm selling $3600( todays new price, it cost me more than $3600 several yrs ago)   for $2800.  Saving  $800.
If I could have had a deal like that when I bought all this equipment, I would of jumped on it.

It is interesting to see how states adopt the IECC code along with all the other codes, 3 yrs TOO late.   ;)

frank

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 03:56:20 PM »
Hi All,
I sold the equipment.   :)
It's been nice chatting with ya all.

Barnes & Noble Home Get Great Deals on Furniture at OfficeMax.com!