Author Topic: Fyrite Insight O2 Reference Setting  (Read 776 times)

ldaplus

• Green Horn
    • Chicago Energy Audit
Fyrite Insight O2 Reference Setting
« on: January 28, 2012, 07:11:51 AM »
Can someone explain this setting in simple terms? Does an energy auditor have to be concerned with this setting or is it more for HVAC techs?

David Meiland

• Global Moderator
  • Super Auditor
Re: Fyrite Insight O2 Reference Setting
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 02:32:27 PM »
I just read the manual online and I have absolutely no idea. Anyone else?
Bailer Hill Construction, Inc. -- Friday Harbor, WA   Website -- Facebook

David Meiland

• Global Moderator
  • Super Auditor
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 02:34:27 PM »
One thought... could it be related to altitude?

ldaplus

• Green Horn
    • Chicago Energy Audit
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 04:42:21 PM »
I found it http://www.heatinghelp.com/forum-thread/132457/All-of-these-reports-are-great-but
The Insight will give the CO reading in two ways.  First, in the data field beside CO the reading will be the actual raw CO reading in the flue.  Second, in the data field beside CO(0) the Insight will give a corrected CO reading calculated to the O2 reference that is selected.  In the case where the O2 reference is set to 0, the reading will be CO air free.  This means that the reading is calculated as if there is no excess air in the flue to dilute the reading. If the O2 ref is set to 3, the reading will be CO corrected to 3% Oxygen.  Depending on application some local and federal standards will require CO readings reported as air free or to some oxygen reference.

David Meiland

• Global Moderator
  • Super Auditor
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 05:32:02 PM »
Thanks for coming back with a great explanation. I will have to dig into my Testo 327 a bit and see if there's a comparable adjustment. I have CO Air Free as part of the first page display and while there has been some debate here and elsewhere about air-free readings, it appears that BPI wants you to use them, although they are painfully unclear about it. Sounds like you should keep yours at 0.

I just spent a bit of time reading over there... GREAT threads and really knowledgeable boiler techs. I haven't read much on that site in about 10 years, but it's well worth it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 05:40:48 PM by David Meiland »

Barnes & Noble Home Get Great Deals on Furniture at OfficeMax.com!