Author Topic: BPI Written exam  (Read 17665 times)

MikeE

BPI Written exam
« on: February 09, 2010, 07:24:23 PM »
Hello everyone,
Question: Does the BPI written exam consist of essay questions or is there a combination of question types? Thank you for any input.

Bud9051

• Global Moderator
  • Super Auditor
  • Good Day or Bad Day, It's a Choice
Re: BPI Written exam
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 07:40:45 PM »
Mike, have you looked at the flash cards Frank Robbins created to study for BPI?
http://www.energyauditortalk.org/index.php?topic=107.0

Looks like they are still alive.

Bud
Sometimes a good question is as valuable as a good answer!

Phil Green

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:58:42 AM »
I just took the BPI exams.  There were two 100 question tests, each multiple choice.  I can tell you to study hard, the questions are less about memorizing key words and more about understanding and applying the concepts.  Good Luck!

Tony

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 09:54:59 AM »
BPI Written exams are Multiple choice.  The written exam is often done online depending on your affiliate/facilities.

SLS Construction

• Global Moderator
  • Super Auditor
    • SLS Construction & Building Solutions
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 12:15:57 PM »
As the others have said multiple choice, and not to difficult

I have attached a set for the BA to give you an idea of the layout, types of questions, etc...

Bud9051

• Global Moderator
  • Super Auditor
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 01:02:17 PM »
SLS, Thanks,
I was reading while it printed and saw some I have never seen.  I will make some notes and see if they get mentioned in class.

Something funny, you mention BA.  I'm all signed up and paid and have no idea what they are teaching, LOL.  It is just being offered as the "required" BPI bridging class.  I would assume BA, but it is not stated or I didn't see it.  It may turn out to be a new certification, BPI-ME.

Bud

bgarden

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 09:23:24 AM »
I have to agree with Phil. The test is definitely more application than memorization. I would recommend signing up for a training course. You don't want to barely pass the test and be clueless out in the field. You ultimately want to be a professional, an expert. So do it right, study hard, and succeed!

Bud9051

• Global Moderator
  • Super Auditor
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 09:49:49 AM »
I just completed the 100 question BPI exam and one of the obvious observations is, they may have 10,000 questions to choose from, but there are probably less than 1,000 facts you need to know.  For each fact you learn and understand, you can answer 10 of their questions.  Many of the questions I had were just different wrong answers mixed in with the correct choice.  Learning the and understanding the facts is actually the short cut :).

Bud

genesis

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 06:17:49 PM »
Hello, I am currently studying for the BPI exam.  I enjoy your input.  I'll keep you up on my progress. Thanks

jordan69s

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 03:02:33 PM »
Hello guys,

Great forum! Thanks for the sample test, I will try it tonight. I am taking the test in 4 days... Any other preparation test you guys could recommend (I am taking the BA course right now)

Cheers,

Steven

Barnes & Noble Home Get Great Deals on Furniture at OfficeMax.com!